Friday, March 1, 2019

Yellowstone National Park

Yellowstone National Park was established on March 1st, 1872.  I don't know when I'll be taking my family there to camp.  I do know it's a trip I want to take my family on someday soon.  The idea of hitting the road with my family to go camping calls to me.  I want my family to experience the nature, scenery, and wildlife that Yellowstone has to offer.  Spending time together and making memories, exploring what's available around you and making due with what you have is a great way to spend a summer vacation.

Camping trips aren't easy.  They can be even more difficult when your family is involved.  Living together in close quarters is hard enough.  Brothers and sisters will get tired of each other and test each others' patients.  Tempers will flare.  There will be tears.  But the payoff is huge.  Making memories together and sharing the experiences when things go awry make it all worth it.  So don't let the trouble of camping stop you from making memories.

The rough times make for the best stories.  Having a plan is great, but when things don't go according to the plan you have opportunities to try new things.  Maybe even something you never would have thought of.  So be flexible and willing to go with the flow.  You've got each other.  What else is there?

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Yogi! I hope you can make plans soon. You do great things with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents took me to Yellowstone when I was 14. I remember those bubbling pools and Old Faithful gushing in the air...I wish I would have appreciated the trips my parents took us on back in the day. I've re-created many of them, but I will be dreaming of the day I get to go to Yellowstone again and look forward to hearing your camping adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it Mr.Wilcox have a great day

    ReplyDelete