Friday, March 8, 2019

Our Lunch Ladies are Amazing

What can you say about our dear and wonderful Lunch Ladies?  It's like have multiples of a Mary Poppins.  They're practically perfect!  They are also the people that you want to keep happy.  Our lunches are always better when our Lunch Ladies are happy. 

I've always thought that if you can get the Lunch Ladies to smile, then there could be more popcorn chicken on your tray or a bigger pile mashed potatoes.  You see, it's all in how they handle that big spoon of theirs.  It's in the wrist.  The bigger the smiles, the bigger the spoon.

Our Lunch Ladies are so fantastic.  However, I feel that sometimes their efforts go unnoticed.  It is so easy to get wrapped up in our own busy schedules and things that we have going on.  It's easy to forget that their function in ours schools is different from that of our other staff members.  However, that function is vital to the success of our students.  I don't know many people that can function on an empty stomach.  I tend to get a little cranky when I'm hungry. 

The next time you see our wonderful Lunch Ladies tell them how awesome they are and join me in giving them a "We're Not Worthy!

2 comments:

  1. Showering with kindness and smiles goes a long way! I love our cooks, and I believe they love me too. I never thought of sugaring them up with compliments and stuff to get larger portions on my tray. Hmmm! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of an episode of Boy Meets World. Cory finds out that his favorite lunch lady passed away. He learns she wasn't married and never had kids of her own. Mr. Feeny informs Cory that she in fact had over 800 kids. Cory organizes for the entire school to show up to her visitation. They all come in carrying a rose on a lunch tray and lay the rose on her casket. It's always a good reminder to treat every job equally. Without our lunch ladies, we would have to deal with hangry kids and nobody has time for that! We are so not worthy!

    ReplyDelete